Welcome to the UV club. The purpose of this club is to discuss the current landscape of UV missions and prospectives for the future.
To this end, S. R. Kulkarni is arranging a series of talks followed by discussions. Each talk will last an hour and there will be 30 minutes for Q&A. The lecturer will be requested to spend half the time on pedagogy and the other half on the latest findings or advances.
A nice summary of everything UV can be found here: https://rwoconne.github.io/rwoclass/astr511/UV-astron-f03.html (website by Robert O’Connell, suggested by Jayant Murthy and Boris Shustov).
- Hu Zhan, National Astronomical Observatory Chinese Academy of Sciences. Xuntian, the Chinese Space Station Telescope, Wednesday September 22, 8 am PDT
- Keri Hoadley, Caltech. FIREBall-2, Wednesday September 29
- Evgenya Shkolnik, Arizona State University. UV-SCOPE and SPARCS: Large and Small UV Windows into Exoplanets and their Environments, Wednesday October 6, 8 am PDT
- Erika Hamden, University of Arizona. Hyperion, Aspera, and building your own UV telescope, Wednesday September 15, 8 am PDT
- Rolf Buehler, DESY. The ULTRASAT Camera system, Wednesday September 8, 8 am PDT
- Eli Waxman, Weizmann Institute of Science. ULTRASAT, Wednesday September 1, 8 am PDT
- Kevin France, University of Colorado Boulder. ESCAPE mission, Wednesday August 25, 8 am PDT
- Shyam Narayan Tandon, Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics at Pune, Bengaluru. Observing in UV, Wednesday August 4, 8 am PDT
- John Hennessy, JPL. Improving sensitivity for UV observations, Wednesday July 28, 8 pm PDT.
- Patrick Côté, University of Victoria. CASTOR, Wednesday July 21, 8 am PDT
- Yoichi Yatsu, Tokyo Institute of Technology. PETREL UV Mission, Tuesday July 13, 8 am PDT.
- Brad Cenko, NASA Goddard. Dorado, Wednesday July 7, 8 am PDT.
- Roger Smith, Caltech. UV Sensor for Astronomy. Wednesday June 30, 8 pm PDT.
- Boris Shustov, Science director of the Institute of Astronomy of Moscow. Spectr-UF, Friday June 25, 8 am PDT.
- J. Michael Shull, University of Colorado Boulder. Cosmic Origin Spectrograph: Missing Baryons & Reionization, Tuesday June 15, 8 am PDT.
- Christopher Martin, Caltech. GALEX, Wednesday June 9, 8 am PDT.
- Jayant Murthy, Indian Institute of Astrophysics. UV Astronomy and UVIT (ASTROSAT), Wednesday May 26, 8 am PDT.