Welcome to the UV club. The purpose of this club is to discuss the current landscape of UV missions and prospectives for the future.
To this end, S. R. Kulkarni is arranging a series of talks followed by discussions. Each talk will last an hour and there will be 30 minutes for Q&A. The lecturer will be requested to spend half the time on pedagogy and the other half on the latest findings or advances.
A nice summary of everything UV can be found here: https://rwoconne.github.io/rwoclass/astr511/UV-astron-f03.html (website by Robert O’Connell, suggested by Jayant Murthy and Boris Shustov).
- J. Michael Shull, University of Colorado Boulder. Cosmic Origin Spectrograph: Missing Baryons & Reionization, Tuesday June 15, 8 am PDT.
- Boris Shustov, Science director of the Institute of Astronomy of Moscow. Spectr-UF, Friday June 25, 8 am PDT.
- Suggested paper: Shustov et al. 2018
- Roger Smith, Caltech. Introduction to CCDs and CMOS readout. Wednesday June 30, 8 pm PDT.
- Brad Cenko, NASA Goddard. Dorado, Wednesday July 7, 8 am PDT.
- Yoichi Yatsu, Tokyo Institute of Technology. Hibari, Tuesday July 13, 8 am PDT.
- Patrick Côté, University of Victoria. CASTOR, Wednesday July 21, 8 am PDT
- Shouleh Nikzad, JPL. Improving sensitivity for UV observations, Wednesday July 28, 8 pm PDT.
- Shyam Narayan Tandon, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Observing in UV, Wednesday August 4, 8 am PDT
- Jayant Murthy, Indian Institute of Astrophysics. UV Astronomy and UVIT (ASTROSAT), Wednesday May 26, 8 am PDT.
- Christopher Martin, Caltech. GALEX, Wednesday June 9, 8 am PDT.